Search This Blog

My Art

Click a picture to view a larger copy in Picasa Web Albums.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

My first exhibit!

Bells and Whistles
I learned this week that my train pastel painting, Bells and Whistles, was accepted into the Huntsville Art League's Unique Views juried show. Tuesday evening, August 16, is the opening reception in the downtown Huntsville HAL gallery. Check out the HAL web site  for more info. The free exhibit is up until Aug 28, from 11 to 6 daily. Thursday night, August 18, the downtown Huntsville Sidewalk Art Stroll will be a great night to visit the exhibit and also check out the lovely things my art group is selling. We will be located near the HAL gallery on the NW corner of the square.

I painted Bells and Whistles when I was working on the set for the Huntsville Community Chorus melodrama Belles and Whistles. During dress rehearsal, I realized that the production really needed a train picture somewhere on the set. The play is set in a depot and has a great sound effect of a train pulling into the station, then leaving. The next day, I found several black and white pictures of 1930ish trains, and created the painting from them. I think it's one of my best works. My 7-year-old grandson likes it, too. One day he asked me, "NayNay, when you die, can I have the train picture?" LOL! I told him that he didn't have to wait for me to die, he could hang it in his room. So guess where it will be exhibited next?!?!? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment